Sylvia Plath wasn’t wrong when she said, “There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won’t cure, but I don’t know many of them.” And what could possibly make this already soothing activity even more relaxing? A little help from THC or CBD in the form of a colorful bath bomb!
It’s no secret that bath bombs have been a hot commodity for some time now—these palm-sized fizzies come in a variety of shapes and colors while boasting excellent skin benefits. Pairing those benefits with the added body-relaxing effects provided by cannabis can lead to the ease of tension, reduced inflammation, and overall tranquility.
Whether you’ve been on your feet all day and your body is aching, or you’re simply looking for an excellent way to enjoy a lazy afternoon, below we show you how to make the perfect cannabis-infused bath bomb.
How to Make Your Own Cannabis Bath Bombs
Start to finish: 3+ hours (active: 15 minutes)
Yields: 1 bath bomb
- Bath bomb molds (we love these ones from Amazon)
- 4 ounces baking soda
- 2 ounces corn starch
- 2 ounces citric acid
- 2 ounces epsom salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon essential oil
- ¼ teaspoon THC or CBD infused coconut oil or tincture
- 1–2 drops food coloring or mica color powder
- Combine all dry ingredients (except color) in a bowl. Whisk until evenly mixed.
- Combine all wet ingredients (except color) in a small glass vessel (a shot glass works perfectly).
- Very slowly, stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture, whisking as you go. If you see lots of fizzing, you’re going too fast. If you’re using food drops for coloring, add them now.
- After all ingredients are evenly combined, the mixture should feel like damp sand. To test it out, put a small amount in your hand and squeeze. It should stick together in 1–2 big chunks once you release your hand. Add a few more drops of water if it doesn’t. Once you reach the desired consistency, mix in the color powder (if using).
- Fill each half of your mold with the mixture until it is a little over-filled, but don’t pack too densely. Loosely sprinkle some more of the mixture on each half (this helps the two sides meld).
- Press the halves together firmly and hold for a few seconds. Gently remove one side of the mold.
- Place the bath bomb mold side down and allow to dry for about 20 minutes. Carefully remove the other side of the mold in a gentle twisting motion. (Pro tip: Bath bombs can fall apart very easily, but you can remold one side or re-mix the whole ball and start over if you need to.)
- Let sit for a few hours (or preferably overnight) until bath bomb is totally firm, then enjoy a soothing cannabis-infused bath and let your stress melt away!
CBD/THC infused bath bombs: A new way to relax
Recently, it seems that the Internet only discusses the CBD. Wherever we look, there are advertisements and disputes about this relatively new product on the market. This is not surprising, in 2017 the market for products containing cannabis reached $170 million, and by 2020 it is estimated at more than $2.1 billion. The substance exists in many different forms: infusions, capsules, lotions, natural hemp flowers and various kinds of cosmetic products. In this article we will try to help you understand and get acquainted closer with bath bombs containing CBD and THC.
It’s 2020 and society is gradually getting used to a new kind of after-hours rest, that is, taking a cannabis bath and bath with THC and CBD bombs. Hot water, steaming all pores and bones will allow you to feel the intense cannabis effect to the fullest extent. Just relax and feel a pleasant dizziness thanks to its pain-relieving effect.
What’s the effect of CBD bombs?
Many studies have been conducted on how CBD-containing products affect the human body. At this point, we know for sure that these products, including bombs, are anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety agents. Also, these products do not cause any side effects. For this reason, patients often choose them to replace drugs that cause unpleasant effects.
When using CBD, it works with our internal manufacturer of cannabinoids, known as the endocannabinoid system, or ECS for short. ECS works to regulate a wide range of vital body functions and keeps things like our body temperature, appetite and even how we feel pain under control.
When a virus enters our system, ECS can release natural cannabinoids that work to combat the problem, and CBD can work together with ECS to help increase cannabis production, thus making it efficient to help under many conditions.
Do THC/CBD bath bombs get you high?
Your skin is the greatest organ in your body that supports the obstruction among cells and the outside world. But, this boundary isn’t an invulnerable power field – it’s similar to a progression of covering wall or layers through which substances can infiltrate. Underneath these layers of skin, your circulatory framework, the component for conveying cannabinoids into your body, is continually streaming.
That is the reason CBD and THC shower bombs upgrade the previously loosening up impact of absorbing a hot bath by including cannabis fundamental oil.
At the point when cannabis fundamental oil contacts your skin, you retain some portion of it through a passive dispersion process that researchers call “percutaneous absorption”. This isn’t the best method to convey substances or synthetic substances to your blood, however on the off chance that the oil is sufficiently concentrated on your skin and your skin is ready to be consumed (steamed), at that point the THC and CBD contained in the oil will enter into your blood.
That is the reason hot water is so significant during bathing since it loosens up the pores in the skin, which thusly encourages the body to ingest active ingredients. However, be cautious, take a slow dip! Ensure you know about how cannabis affects you and how it influences your body.
Will cannabis bath bombs show up on a drug test?
The subject of whether local cannabis will prompt a positive medication test result is accompanied by a multi-component answer. To begin with, let us start with certain fundamentals on THC and medication testing.
THC, the dynamic ingredient in cannabis, can be an obstinate thing that can work in our body, dissimilar to heavier and progressively risky medications that can enter the body following 24 hours. The regular thought that it takes 30 days to dispose of THC in the body isn’t altogether right; this announcement shifts for every individual and for various kinds of medication tests (hair, pee and blood).
With regards to testing for drugs in hair follicles, THC can be distinguished within 3 months. Tests dependent on pee are the most well-known on the grounds that they are moderately reasonable contrasted with different tests. They inspect the substances contained in lipids (fat cells) and THC can easily live in fat cells for about a month or more, contingent upon the person. THC remains in the blood for an a lot shorter time, and its withdrawal cycle is for the most part around 48 hours.
In any case, here’s the good news! With regards to current issues, the THC level in the item as a rule drops well below the detectable level for medicate tests. Also, in light of the fact that you rub the item on a superficial level, it just saturates the skin and muscles. That implies you can relax realizing that cannabis bath bombs are safe for drug tests.