Baking with cannabis is a great way to get all the medicinal benefits without having to inhale. It also allows you to experiment with different recipes and create tasty edibles tailored just for you. Even if you’re not particularly adept in the kitchen, making your own cannabis edibles can be simple! We have provided some easy to follow recipes for edibles that each have their own unique charm.
Canna Shortbread Cookies
Canna Shortbreads are a simple 3 ingredient recipe that will provide a sweet treat, along with medicinal benefits.
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ½ cup cannabutter
- 1 ½ cups flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Beat the cannabutter and sugar together until smooth and mixed well
- Add the flour and mix well until a smooth paste forms
- From here, you can roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut into shapes. Or, you can pack the mix into a baking pan and slice into slabs after baking
- Chill for 20 minutes in the fridge
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until only just starting to brown
When it comes to edibles, brownies are one of the most classic baked goods that can satisfy a sweet tooth. The chocolate flavor also helps to cover up the herbal flavor of cannabis, even for the pickier eaters.
- ½ cup cannabutter (melted)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour, or line with parchment, an 8” pan
- In a large bowl, mix the cannabutter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract
- Beat in dry ingredients and mix until just combined
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Let the brownies cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving
Parmesan and Garlic Pasta Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 package angel hair pasta
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium. Add the garlic and cook until light brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside. It may continue to fry but this is fine as the garlic must have a toasted flavor.
2. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring, until soft, about 2 minutes. Drain it, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Return the pasta to the pot you cooked it in and add the garlic butter, salt, and pepper. With a large fork and spoon combine the ingredients well, then add 1/2 cup of the grated Parmesan cheese and the pasta water and continue to combine gently. Take a taste and if you feel you need more cheese, go ahead as it’s all up to your taste buds.
3. Transfer the pasta to a large platter and top it with the remaining parmesan.
Weed-Infused Lobster Curry Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons infused or regular coconut oil
- 12 ounces|337 grams lobster meat
- 1 teaspoon Jamaican curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- kosher salt, to taste
Melt the coconut milk in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the lobster and cook slightly, 2 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and garlic, then add the granulated onion, and cayenne. Stir in the coconut milk and chicken broth and reduce slightly, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and serve.
Mug/Bowl Cakes and Muffins
This is essentially a personal cake that uses infused vegetable oil. Now, you could make it from scratch, like this personal chocolate cake recipe by Marijuana Mommy, and it’ll probably be delicious. But if you’re in a rush, just buy a personal mug cake or muffin mix. Most of them only call for water, but you can always mix oil in there, too. You just mix the batter, water and oil in a mug or bowl, and microwave for less than a minute. They taste more like something cooked in an Easy-Bake Oven than an adult’s, but they get the job done.
This is for the wake-and-bakers who can’t smoke. Outside of using infused vegetable or olive oils, we’re not telling you how to make scrambled eggs; anyone who doesn’t know how probably shouldn’t be making edibles to begin with. Throw in spinach, peppers or your favorite omelet additions, and add hot sauce to drown out the weed flavor that infused oil can carry.
Another “regular” recipe that simply substitutes infused cooking oil for the square variety, baked chicken helps the high stay strong throughout the day without the sugars and fats. Simply pour a tablespoon of the oil over a chicken breast before cooking it in the oven (the THC cooking oil isn’t as effective when cooled on grills and frying pans). I’ll often cook infused chicken breasts for the week and cut them up for a dinner salad (which also has a drizzle of THC olive oil). Do the same with rice or couscous for a fully infused meal.
My roommates always get mad at me for this one — they don’t like edibles — but excuse me for taking advantage of a layup. Drizzle infused oil on a pizza pan or lightly on top of the pizza, and then cook your frozen pizza on top of the pan instead of the bare oven rack. The taste is almost impossible to recognize unless the pizza is swimming in oil, and the resulting cold pizza the day after is just as golden.
This easy breakfast option can be medicated with infused butter or milk, and is another quick choice that doesn’t require large amounts of sugar. Just prepare for a strong bout of the munchies once the oatmeal is digested — after all those carbohydrates, that high stomach of yours will be ready for a heavy dose of protein.
This is probably better saved for colder months, but infused hot chocolate is extremely easy if you have whole milk, a spice/tea ball or teabags, hot chocolate mix and some herb. Stuff your decarbed flower in the spice ball or an emptied tea bag (staple it shut), and drop it in a pot of milk. Cook the milk on low, and stir often so that a skin doesn’t form at the top. After 25 minutes, it’s ready for the hot cocoa mix. You know the rest.
Coffee and Tea
Want to infuse your morning beverage but stopped drinking hot cocoa when you were ten? You can use infused creamer instead of milk employing the process above, or pour cannabis butter (or even vegetable oil) in your hot coffee. Infused condensed milk, a popular option for iced teas and coffees, can also be made with that method.
Possibly the easiest choice on the list in terms of infusion methods, kief batter is brownie, cookie or cake batter with kief mixed in. That’s it. You’ll probably want to decarb the kief for a few minutes before it’s time to bake, but after that’s done, just drop the kief in the batter and follow the instructions on the box. It’s not the most efficient infusion method, but that’s not what convenience is about.